Thai sticky rice with Mango

Thai sticky rice with Mango


This brings back so many memories of Thailand. It's salty, sweet taste.


 I remember buying in from a street stall in Chinatown in Bangkok after a fantastic dinner with our Thai friends.  The lady serving was the quickest I had ever seen peeling and stoning a mango.  Of course the mangoes in Thailand taste so different out there, a different variety.  I think the ones we get here are more Caribbean than Asian.  The Asian ones tend to have a yellow skin rather than the green and red skinned ones we get over here.


I also bought it at the bottom of this amazing Buddha in Koh Samui.
I love the way food links you to places.



You can find the recipe to make this here and it's really simple
I make mine in a rice cooker.  I cook the rice and then add the coconut milk, salt and sugar and leave it to warm though while I make the sauce and prepare the mango.

Comments