More low calorie soups


So more batch making of soup this weekend!

Rachel's Foodie Bite's photo.
I made more of the carrot and coriander and Thai butternut squash and tried 3 new soups.
Moroccan roast vegetable 187 calories per serving
I didn't have Ras El Hanout, so I used this Schwartz Moroccan spice mix Special Blend MoroccanI added about 3 tbsp more to the soup as well as the roasted veg.
Tomato  127 calories per serving
I made this with fresh plum tomatoes.  to make it creamier add some 0% fat Greek yoghurt. 
Pea and Ham - This recipe I got from Davina McCall's new book, "5 weeks to sugar free"
400g green split peas
25g butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
1.5l vegetable stock
200g cooked ham, finely diced
Salt and pepper to taste
serves 4

The recipe says to soak the green split peas, but the ones I bought didn't need soaking.
Fry the onion, carrot and celery in the butter, then add the green split peas and the stock.  Simmer for 1 hour and then blend in  food processor or use a hand blender.  Add the ham to heat through and season.
It works out at 227 calories per serving

The best thing about all of these recipes is they work out around 50p per portion, so low calorie and cheap!
Again I have portioned them and frozen them in bags,, so all I need to do is take a portion out the night before to defrost, reheat and put in my flask and take to work.



Comments